Name of the program: Specialty in Sustainable Development
Normal period to graduate: 2 semesters
Diploma that confers: Specialty in Sustainable Development
Campus where it is offered: Hermosillo
To train professionals with a comprehensive perspective of the technical, administrative, economic, social, environmental and ethical areas according to modern models of sustainable development.
The goals are those listed below:
- To train students in the state of the art of knowledge in sustainability.
- Prepare students to solve unsustainability problems taking into account all the dimensions of Sustainable Development.
- Promote technological innovation in the solution of sustainability problems.
- Offer consulting services to all types of organizations located in the region.
- Participate with society in its transition to sustainable lifestyles.
What Will Your Competencies Be When You Finish The Program?
In the understanding that the purpose of the specialty degree is to provide the student with a broad and solid training in a field of knowledge with a high capacity for professional practice and the master's degree has the purpose of training to prepare a student for a career in applied scientific and / or technological research; It is expected that the professional graduated from both programs has been trained with the following professional competences:
- Understand and put into practice in the projects in which it participates, the three dimensions associated with sustainable development, as well as the good management of the complexity of the interactions between the different elements of sustainability.
- Evaluate social problems and their relationships with the dimensions of sustainable development.
- Apply the methodologies of sustainability in the realization of projects.
- Implement training programs to apply techniques and methodologies that prevent, reduce or eliminate environmental and occupational risks.
- Identify the social and environmental cost of development projects.
- Coordinate groups for the sustainable management of resources.
- Advise the working groups in the elaboration and application of the official norms and Mexican norms.
- Understand compliance with environmental, occupational and public health regulations.
- Advise and evaluate the regulations and procedures in organizations.
- Advise on environmental quality management systems.
- Promote public and organizational policies with a sustainable approach.
- Promote procedures so that sustainability becomes the transversal axis of public policies.
- Encourage the development and increase of community management capacities.
- Proficiency in the English language in reading comprehension, spoken and written.
List of subjects
- 0807 - design of experiments
- 0808 - separation process
- 0809 - advanced mathematics
- 0810 - advanced kinetics
- 0811 - numerical engineering methods
- 0812 - advanced thermodynamics
- 0813 - transport phenomena
- 0814 - mathematical modeling
- 0815 - catalytic reactor engineering
- 0816 - physical chemistry of surfaces and interfaces
- 0817 - treatment plants of ...
- 0818 - wastewater treatment
- 0819 - water supply and sewerage
- 0820 - environmental microbiology
- 0821 - sewage system
- 0822 - molecular biology
- 0823 - bioprocesses
- 0824 - biotechnology II
- 0825 - fundamentals of cell culture
- 0826 - toxicology and risk assessment
- 0827 - biochemistry
- 0828 - advanced chemical analysis
- 0829 - environmental chemistry
- 0830 - legislation and environmental impact
- 0831 - handling of hazardous waste
- 0832 - environmental socioeconomic
- 0833 - metabolic engineering
- 0834 - bioseparations
- 0835 - biotechnology I
- 0836 - cell culture fundamentals
- 0837 - bioremediation
- 0838 - genetic engineering
- 0839 - microbiology
- 0840 - chemistry
- 0850 - laboratory or field practices I
- 0851 - seminar I
- 0852 - laboratory or field practices II
- 0853 - seminar II
- 0854 - clean production
- 0855 - sustainable development
- 0856 - reengineering in sustainable development
- 0857 - economy in sustainable development
- 0858 - cost system in sustainable development
- 0859 - administration in sustainable development
- 3383 - reduction in the use of toxics
- 3384 - design for the environment
- 3385 - environmental management system
- 3386 - environmental impact
- 3387 - intelligent sustainable systems
- 3388 - international perspectives of climate change
- 3389 - life cycle analysis
- 8383 - technology and human resources
Lines of generation and / or application of knowledge of the program.
- Cleaner production. Its objective is to propose new directions in production patterns that result in prevention, elimination and / or reduction of occupational and environmental risks while increasing or maintaining the profitability of the organization. Although this line emphasizes the reformulation of processes and products; It is very feasible to apply its principles in service and commercial organizations.
- Environmental management. The present line promotes the effective and efficient use of resources through environmental management systems; usually the projects in this line are focused on identifying environmental and / or occupational impacts, designing programs and implementing them.
- Innovation and sustainability This line promotes projects that promote sustainable development through constant innovation, facilitated by technological tools.
Dr. Luis Eduardo Velázquez Contreras
Dr. Javier Esquer Peralta
Dr. Nora Elba Munguía Vega
C. to Dr. Rafael Pérez Ríos
Dr. Clara Rosalía Álvarez Chávez
How to enter this postgraduate course?
- General data format.
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, administration or areas at the end. A hard copy of the title is required.
- Certified Copy Birth certificate.
- 4 photos credential size.
- IFE Copy or Mexican Passport Copy.
- Certificate of grades indicating final average or proof of completion of studies indicating the final average.
- Proficiency in the English language that must be demonstrated.
- Letter of exposition of motives free format.
- Interview with the Academic Committee of the Postgraduate Course.
- Acredit module zero or introductory.
This option is aimed at all professionals, teachers and interested persons regardless of their degree of origin but who show and demonstrate to be interested in acquiring knowledge, skills, abilities and abilities that allow them to design, operate and maintain production systems of goods and services. services; as well as sustainable consumption from a holistic-integral perspective that affects the well-being and quality of life for present and future generations.
What do you need to get the degree?
To obtain the specialty diploma, you must:
- Approve the total credits and meet the other requirements established in the corresponding graduate program.
- Pass the specialty examination in the written phase and in the oral phase before a jury named ex profeso; Y
- Comply with the provisions and requirements demanded by the School Services Department for the issuance of the corresponding specialty diploma.
Submit and approve a written individual terminal work and perform oral defense before a jury, when the program so determines.
How much does it cost to study this postgraduate course?
Cost of the EXANI-III
The registration cost of applicants to enter the Universidad de Sonora is announced annually along with the first entry notice. Check this information for the last year: http://www.posgradosustentabilidad.uson.mx/
Registration and tuition fees
Students, when enrolling in any of the graduate programs, must cover the corresponding fees according to the current minimum wage in the city of Hermosillo, as established in the Quotas Regulation. Check this information for the last year: fees and discounts by subject http://www.serviciosescolares.uson.mx/
Dr. Luis Eduardo Velázquez Contreras
Building 5O Blvd. Luis Encinas J and Rosales S / N, Col. Centro. Hermosillo, Sonora.
Tel: 52 (662) 2592252
href = "http://www.posgradosustentabilidad.uson.mx/
Program taught in: