Blended modality program
Spanish is more than a language. It is culture, art, tradition, values, and a way of thinking and experiencing the world. With this program, you will have the necessary tools to research and teach SFL.
Pioneer program in the training of SFL professors with a research orientation, supported by over 20 years of Nebrija University's experience in this area and personalized attention for students, which is characteristic of our University.
The high employability rates of our graduates in reference institutions in the area of Spanish teaching prove the quality of the training program.
External recognition of the quality of the Final Research Project: two ASELE awards (Association for the Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language).
Marked international nature
The program has a marked international nature. The teaching staff has international experience in relevant institutions of the area of Applied Linguistics and visiting professors of scientific prestige. The student will be able to carry out internships in any country, thanks to the agreements that Nebrija University maintains with the institutions of interest for the students.
- Program with great relevance in the international scientific sphere through the Nebrija International Conference on Applied Linguistics.
- Access to training and researching complements through university extension activities and scholarships for Research Seminars of the Doctorate in Linguistics Applied to the Teaching of Languages.
- There is a possibility of carrying out professional internships in research projects, integrating students in the work dynamics of the LAELE (Linguistics Applied to Teaching SFL) Research Group of Nebrija University and incorporating them into research projects such as acquisition, teaching and evaluation of Spanish as an immigration language, integration linguistics of the migrant population, bilingualism and education according to the CLIL approach.
- Program accredited by ACAP in the 2013/2014 academic year.
- Final Research Project awarded with ASELE prize (Association for the Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language).
Internships in professional settings
20 years of training experience
Official master's degree pioneer in the training of SFL professors with research orientation, backed by over 20 years of Nebrija's experience in this area and personalized attention for students, which is characteristic of our University.
Doctorate in Applied Linguistics
Direct access to the Doctorate of Linguistics Applied to the Teaching of Languages of the UNNE and the possibility of participating in the LAELE research group.
Studying with students from over 30 nationalities allows establishing a network of contacts with professionals from any part of the world.
BOE Num.186, August 2 of 2010
Official Postgraduate Programme, Royal Decree 1393/2007 of 29 October 2007 (BOCM of 30 October 2007), recognized in the European Higher Education Area (Bologna Agreements), valid throughout the European Union.
The student must take 60 credits.
In all cases, a Course 0 (zero) will be offered with the basic concepts and essential skills to guarantee the success of those admitted to the different subjects of the Master's Degree in Applied Linguistics to the Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language.
First Semester 24 ECTS
- 4 ECTS | Sociolinguistics and Pragmatics
- 4 ECTS | Psycholinguistics, and Interlanguage
- 4 ECTS | Methodological approaches for teaching SFL
- 4 ECTS | Research methodology in Applied Linguistics
- 4 ECTS | Development and integration of communication skills
- 4 ECTS | SFL pedagogical grammar
Second Semester 36 ECTS
- 4 ECTS | Grammar, meaning, and sense
- 4 ECTS | Design, and programming of courses
- 4 ECTS | Research design and data analysis in Applied Linguistics
- 12 ECTS
- 4 ECTS | Discursive competence and textual genres
- 4 ECTS | ICT applied to the teaching of SFL
- 4 ECTS | Practicum en entornos profesionales de ELE
- 4 ECTS | Transfer of research results
- 4 ECTS | Certification evaluation in SFL
- 4 ECTS | Analysis and production of teaching materials
- 4 ECTS | Creatividad y teoría literaria aplicada a la enseñanza de ELE
- 4 ECTS | Edición de materiales didácticos de ELE
- 12 ECTS | Final Research Project
The Master's Degree in Linguistics Applied to the Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language is oriented to professional practice in different areas: the design and edition of teaching materials, and the application of ICT to language teaching.
It responds to high demand for specialized professionals in the field of Spanish:
- Designers and publishers of general and specific teaching materials for non-native Spanish speakers.
In order to train the student for their professional development, the program includes an optional subject of professional internships in institutions and companies, managed by the University through the Professional Careers Department, with over 2,500 collaboration agreements with numerous entities.
Among the collaborating entities are Universities (the National University of Tucumán, University of Sao Paulo), publishers (EnClave, SGEL, Anaya, Santillana, SM, Edelsa, Diffusion, Edinumen), specialized Internet portals (Todoele), language management companies and language centers (all those associated with the Spanish Federation of Associations of Spanish Schools for Foreigners), Cervantes Institute, Official Language Schools, private language centers and ICT companies.
About the School
Since its creation, Nebrija University has maintained the differentiating values of its educational model, based on quality teaching and on research as knowledge creation, with comprehensive training ... Read More