The master's degree in business and law with a focus on management is aimed at people with a first academic degree in the form of a bachelor's or diploma, for example for graduates of the Bachelor's degree in business administration (BA) from DIPLOMA. The distance learning enables professional specialization and deepening with an international orientation for international corporate management.
The Master's degree in Business and Law is predominantly carried out as a virtual distance learning course with interactive online lectures on Saturdays. The examinations of the master distance learning can be taken at the nationwide study centers of DIPLOMA.
The standard period of study is 5 semesters .
Part-time master's degree in economics and law
The distance learning economics and law with a focus on management offers in -service training for business economists and business lawyers who are aiming for an academic master's degree. In terms of international orientation, this distance learning takes into account both business and legal content as a general basis. The compulsory elective areas offer a specialization and technical specialization: Eventalt = "management, financial services, taxes and auditing as well as tourism and hotel alt =" management . The integrated view and networked view of functions and processes in business and companies, interfunctional and interdisciplinary approaches as well as the international perspective are consistently considered as the guiding principle.
The aim of the master's degree is to impart technical skills, knowledge and skills that enable graduates to analyze and work on business tasks using scientific methods and findings. This enables the students to acquire the knowledge necessary to work independently in the intended professional field.
The master's degree in economics and law with a focus on management entitles to positions in higher service , such as B. at federal, state and local authorities. Likewise, the academic master's degree at DIPLOMA enables graduates to pursue a doctorate.
Distance learning: 5 semesters / 120 ECTS
The actual study period can be extended free of charge for up to 4 semesters over the standard period of study.
With sufficient number of participants in the winter semester (October) and summer semester (April).
Accreditation of the degree program by the accreditation agency AHPGS.
Distance learning: € 317.00 / month (total € 10,495.00 plus one-off examination fee of € 985.00)
Distance learning with online face-to-face events via the DIPLOMA University's online campus; part-time.
Passed a bachelor's or diploma examination at DIPLOMA Hochschule or another university or university of applied sciences (especially in the fields of economics or law) or an at least equivalent foreign degree in the same or a related subject with a standard period of study of at least six semesters.
Applicants whose final grade of their first professional qualification is "sufficient" cannot take part in the master's program. Applicants with a "satisfactory" degree must demonstrate in a placement interview that they are able to successfully complete this course.
Master of Arts (MA) - Graduates receive a master's certificate and certificate, as well as a "Diploma Supplement" and a "Transcript of Records" (grades overview) written in English, which she / he internationally as an academic with a master's degree identify. After the Bologna decisions, a master's degree holder has met the requirements for a doctorate.
Major fields of study
Elective courses and contents of the Financial Services module of the master's programs in Business and Law - Management (MA) and Business and Law - Business Law (MA)
I. Financial services:
- [Repetition from Bachelor's degree: Fundamentals of financial services, banking products, financial markets]
- Term and functions of brokers, asset managers, investment advisory companies, brokers, multiple agents, sales companies
- Financial market analysis and (private) financial planning tools
- Investment companies (fundamentals, the fund principle, investment funds vs. direct investment)
- Basic forms of fund investment and their classifications
- Fund investment risks
- Financial engineering (financial innovations and financial engineering, fundamentals of derivative financial products, strategic uses of options and financial futures)
II. Financial services:
- Building societies (history, legal bases, collective building society financing, state building society funding, home ownership promotion)
- Future developments in the financial services sector (development on international markets / on the German market, market development and earnings potential of providers for FDL, future scenarios)
- Legal areas relevant to real estate (public building law, civil building law)
- Real estate-related business fundamentals (land and land values, financing of real estate projects, GL of real estate tax law, real estate marketing, project development, facility management)
- Business aspects of residential property construction (project development, project marketing, forms and possibilities of financing, investment calculation)
Taxes and revision
Elective courses and content of the module Taxes and revision of the master's programs in Business and Law - Business Law (MA) and Business and Law - Management (MA):
I. Taxes and revision:
- Corporate taxation
- The Tax Code / Types of Tax
- Jurisdiction rules
- The administrative act in tax law
- Rights and duties of the tax citizen and consequences of non-performance
- Income tax (tax liability, types of income, determination of income, determination of excess, non-deductible expenses)
- Income from business, from self-employment, from employment, from capital assets, from renting and leasing, other income
- from income to income to taxable income for income tax calculation
- Corporation tax (basis, determination, calculation, equity that can be used for distributions, corporation tax assessment)
- The trade tax (the commercial enterprise, assessment and calculation of the trade tax)
II. Taxes and revision:
- Value added tax (tax item, assessment bases, calculation)
- Introduction to the valuation law (valuation object, valuation standards, various valuation principles)
- Company taxes as a decision-making phenomenon (tax aspects in the case of investments, financing, production programs, sales, location selection, legal form selection, business combinations)
- Balance sheets as an information tool for the company
- Balance sheet types, annual accounts
- Balance sheet analysis and balance sheet criticism
Eventalt = "management
Elective courses and content of the module Eventalt = "management in the master's program in Business and Law (MA)
I. Eventalt = "management:
- Terms and demarcation of Eventalt = "management
- the effect of special events (social, cultural, political, economic)
- the conception of an event (with the involvement of the parties / stakeholders involved)
- the financing of events
- event planning (personnel, marketing, sponsoring)
- Controlling and budgeting
- Rights and risk old = "management
- the logistic challenge at events
- the special features of stage events
II. Eventalt = "management:
- company-specific management
- measure up
- Cultural enterprises
- Meetings and congresses
- Event agencies
Tourism and hotel age = "management
Elective courses and contents of the module Tourism and Hotel Alts = "management of the master's program in Business and Law - Management (MA):
I. Hotelalt = "management and marketing:
- Hospitality economy (terms, position within the tourism industry, trends in the hotel and catering market, types of accommodation, classic forms of business in the catering industry)
- Structure and operator models in the hotel and catering trade (family-run as a proprietary company, leasing companies, cooperation hotel, franchise hotel, joint venture company, group hotel, system hotel and restaurant business)
- Hotel operation and its services (the accommodation company, the hotel operation, classification and categorization in the accommodation company)
- Staffalt = "management and organization of the hotel and restaurant business (basics, organization, the hospitality business)
- Hospitality marketing (basics, market analysis, derivation and definition of strategic goals and models, strategic / tactical marketing old = "management in the hospitality industry)
- Calculation and basic features of controlling in the hotel and restaurant company (basics, calculation in the hospitality industry, profit multipliers, budgeting system in the hospitality industry)
II. Tourist service areas:
- Destinationalt = "management
- Mode of transport (train, bus, shipping, air traffic)
- Health old = "management in tourism
About the School
The DIPLOMA University is a privately run, state recognized university of applied sciences located in the picturesque medieval city of Bad Sooden-Allendorf in North Hesse. The notation Bad identifies ... Read More