The development and the increasing use of Remote Pilot Aircraft Systems (SAPR) - commonly drones - in many application and research areas requires extensive training.
The 1st level University Master - organized by the University of Rome "Tor Vergata" and by the ENAC, the National Agency for Civil Aviation with the participation of organizations and companies in the sector - forms drone designers, process specialists and services based on SAPR in 1500 total hours (equal to 60 credits) of which
- 400 hours of lessons and design workshop
- 250 hours of training at companies in the sector or institutional bodies.
Two scholarships are available to fully cover the course provided by Telespazio. Scholarships are awarded mainly on a meritocratic basis, based on the CVs received which will be assessed by a specific commission.
In addition, the members who have obtained the Master's degree and pass the practical skill test with an ENAC examiner, are simultaneously issued by a Training center authorized by the ENAC and agreed with the Master the APR pilot certificate (Remote Piloting Aircraft).
The Master therefore has the ambition to train for the first time a new class of specialists who, while moving from their disciplinary and sectoral training, are able to design processes and knowledge systems based on SAPR suitable to correspond to operational processes of reference.
For this the Master
- provides theoretical knowledge relating to flight systems, including those concerning propulsion and aerodynamics;
- deals with aspects relating to automation, control and computer-assisted piloting;
- addresses the various application scenarios by illustrating the techniques of remote sensing, sensors and data analysis. The Master also requires that specific competence be acquired with regard to aeronautical regulations, safety and remote pilotage regulations.
Furthermore, in order to allow those attending the Master's course to experience the theoretical knowledge acquired in a concrete application context, practical activities will be carried out in collaboration with companies operating in the sector and a collaboration with the Air Force is also envisaged for aspects concerning the most advanced technologies .
To be admitted to the course, a degree or other equivalent qualification is required. The Master is aimed primarily at graduates in technical scientific subjects. However, enrollment is also allowed for graduates in other disciplines, subject to authorization by the Master's teaching board.
The Master is limited in number and a maximum number of 40 candidates will be admitted. The selection of those admitted to the Master will be made by comparative evaluation of the curricula vitae et studiorum, on the basis of which a ranking will be established. The cost of the Master is fixed in:
- € 4,000 for the Master's degree followed in one academic year
- € 4,500 for the Master's degree followed in two academic years
- € 5,000 for the Master's program followed in three academic years
The lessons of the Master will be held in the afternoon at the Engineering Macro Area and other structures of the University of Rome "Tor Vergata".
The teaching staff is composed of professors from the University, external professors and active lecturers in research centers that boast long-term teaching experience in the academic field. Students will also be supported and supported by qualified tutors able to provide valid help for any problem during the entire training course.
Modules and Content
The Master has an annual duration, but can be extended to two or three academic years if the student fails to complete the exams within the first academic year. The training activity includes 60 training credits, equal to 1,500 hours , of which:
- 400 hours of lessons and workshops
- 250 hours for training internships
the remaining hours will be dedicated to individual study and thesis work.
Master consists of the following Teaching Modules provides for:
- Mechanics of Flight (Aircraft Scheme, Flight Assemblies, Maneuvers): 30 hours
- Manufacturing technologies (state of the art materials and manufacturing technologies for SAPR) 30 hours
- Propulsion (aerial propulsion, engines and storage systems) 30 hours
- Aerodynamics (concepts of fluid dynamics and airfoil theory) 30 hours
- Geoinformation (remote sensing and satellite data, GIS systems) 30 hours
- Automatic Controls (Stability and dynamic response, SAPR Systems Control) 30 hours
- Sensors (Sensory devices, electronic interface and communication systems) 30 hours
- Regulations and Security (Authorization Procedures, Risk Assessment, Airspace Management) 40 hours
- Use of SAPRs (operational aspects of the use of SAPRs with practical exercises) 30 hours
- Design Laboratory (With practical assembly tests and flight tests) 120 hours
- Prof. Daniele Carnevale (University "Tor Vergata")
- ENAC teacher
- Prof. Stefano Cordiner (University "Tor Vergata")
- Prof. Fabio Del Frate (University "Tor Vergata")
- Dott. Gabriele Di Marino (First State Police Officer)
- Prof. Corrado Di Natale (University "Tor Vergata")
- Prof. Franco Di Paolo (University "Tor Vergata")
- Prof. Sergio Galeani (University "Tor Vergata")
- Prof. Maria Ioannilli (University "Tor Vergata")
- Prof. Mauro Leonardi (University "Tor Vergata")
- Ing. Gaetano Massari (Aerial Click)
- Prof. Vincenzo Mulone (University "Tor Vergata")
- Prof. Fabrizio Quadrini (University "Tor Vergata")
- Prof. Loredana Santo (University "Tor Vergata")
- Dr. Loredana Scaffa (Aerovision)
- Prof. Giovanni Schiavon (University "Tor Vergata")
- Dr. Danilo Verde (University "Tor Vergata")
- Prof. Roberto Verzicco (University "Tor Vergata")
- Prof. Alessandro Zavoli (Sapienza University)
Achievement of the qualification
At the end of the course, the students who have attended the required test and have passed the tests for the verification of the profit and the final exam are awarded a diploma of: 1st level University Master in “Design, Application and Regulation of Pilot Aircraft Systems Remote (SAPR) "-" Design, Application, Regulation of UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) ".
Those who have been enrolled in the individual training modules are issued, upon passing the tests for verifying the profit, a certificate of attendance with an indication of the credits earned.
Members who achieve the Master's degree and pass the practical skill test with an ENAC examiner are simultaneously issued by a Training center authorized by the ENAC and the APR pilot certificate (Remote Piloting Aircraft) is agreed with the Master.
About the School
L’Università degli Studi di Roma “Tor Vergata” ha iniziato l’attività didattica nel 1982. Progettata sul modello dei campus anglosassoni, occupa un territorio di circa 600 ettari. L’Ateneo è fortement ... Read More