The Art Direction, as an essential part of any commercial communication action , is undergoing a constant transformation. The evolution of the media, technology and social networks make it increasingly complex to determine the limits of this discipline.
This new environment can confuse priorities when it comes to becoming a good Art Director. It is not so much about being up to date on trends or technology, but rather the opposite. From this Master we want to claim why it is so important to know how to tell an idea visually . Why is it essential to understand that behind any communication action there is an intention to influence, excite or convince someone specific . Why an Art Director can become obfuscated in the superfluous and totally overlook the ultimate purpose of all his work.
Art Directors are visualizers of ideas. But for these ideas to be not only creative, but also convincing, we must understand who we are addressing, the medium in which we communicate the message and the emotional charge that we must guarantee in our messages. The work of the Art Director must respond to this vision.
An online Master like the one you are analyzing is the perfect environment to develop learning of this type. The possibility of shaping a vision shared by students from all over the Spanish-speaking world, opens a new dimension when it comes to learning. Another characteristic feature of ESDESIGN is, without a doubt, the incorporation of clearly disruptive subjects and subjects . In the case of the Master in Art Direction, we will delve into neuromarketing , understand the emotionality behind a typeface or discover, for example, the enormous possibilities of working in environments as new as augmented reality or virtual reality .
We don't know what our profession will be like in five years. But we do know that, be that as it may, we will be prepared.goalsThe main objectives of this program are:
• Start writing Art Direction in capital letters.
• Update the spectrum of disciplines that an Art Director must know and coordinate today.
• Facilitate the professional transition from a graphic designer to Art Director.
• Give a new approach to visual codes and languages from the point of view of the different targets and means to be used.
• Make available to students the latest scientific knowledge in neuromarketing, as well as other research and analysis tools.
• Value the emotional potential of typography in any Art Direction project.
• Training a new generation of Art Directors capable of managing projects in complex environments, as well as deepening the management of such projects from the point of view of Management and not only of Art.Recommended profileThis Master is aimed at people who meet the following profile:Graduates in Design
Graduates in Communication and Advertising
Bachelor of Fine Arts
Professional or academic profiles with accredited experience who want to retrain and expand their knowledge.In those cases where the student accredits higher studies prior to a process of accreditation of the University degree, the Academic Committee will evaluate the candidate's CV and portfolio as well as the study plan completed, which must maintain reasonable equivalence with the current undergraduate studies. the same area.TitlingPeople who pass the program evaluation will obtain the double degree : ESDESIGN - Escuela Superior de Diseño de Barcelona Own Title ESDESIGN - Escuela Superior de Diseño de Barcelona and Own Title from the International University of Valencia, which will accredit them as professionals in the specialty studied.Professional outingsStudents who complete this Master can develop their professional career in the following areas:Marketing and business communication departments.
Graphic and corporate branding studios, media agencies.
Freelance professionals, entrepreneurs, new companies, StartUps ...
Strategic planning departments of agencies or advertisers.
Creative departments of advertising agencies.
Advertising agency account departments.