The European Union – Russia Studies master’s programme (EURUS) is a unique multidisciplinary programme combining different disciplines such as political science, comparative politics, international relations, economics, law, history and cultural studies. The programme binds together the study of two regions - Europe and Russia - in one curriculum, providing a comprehensive understanding of political, social, and economic developments in the EU and its member states as well as in Russia and its neighbouring transition countries.
The objective of the European Union-Russia Studies MA-Programme is to provide global labour market with experts in the field of the EU-Russian affairs for the public and private sector. Given the overall expanding complex relations between the European Union and the Russian Federation – there is a growing need for specialists trained in European Union and Russia affairs.
Why study EU-Russia studies at the University of Tartu?
- The University of Tartu belongs to the TOP 1.2% of the world's best universities (QS and THE rankings).
- EURUS is a unique programme exploring Russia and its relationship with the EU and the former Soviet space from a privileged perspective.
- Thorough, comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of policies and politics, of economics, law, and history of the European Union and the Russian Federation.
- Academic qualification for successfully taking up challenging tasks in dealing with the EU, Russia and their mutual relations.
- A strong research-oriented institute offers internationally recognised Russia and EU expertise.
- Students can profit from the numerous opportunities (study abroad, summer and winter schools etc.) offered by the institutes' contacts with universities and institutions located in Russia, the EU and the former Soviet space.
- Students have an opportunity to become familiar with Russian culture and language.
- Innovative teaching techniques and emphasis on active learning via interactive teaching.
- Support for each student's personal and academic development through one-on-one mentorship
- Guest lectures by ambassadors of various countries, the European Union administrative staff, renown scholars in the field etc.
- Estonia is located only 2 hours by bus from Russia and is well-connected with the main Western European capitals.
- Tuition-waiver scholarships and monthly stipends are available to the best applicants.
Both public and private sector job offers are open to graduates. Those interested in further research are eligible for PhD studies.
Program taught in: