Information for applicants
The program is the continuation of the Bachelor's degree programs in Finance, Accounting and Taxation, Economics and Management, Marketing and other programs of economic orientation. Candidates who have completed at least a bachelor's degree program and demonstrated knowledge of the English language can apply. The program is prepared as a two-year course. It is completed by the state examination and defense of the thesis. Successful graduates are awarded the master title. After completing the program, it is possible to continue in the doctoral degree study at the Faculty of Economics, VŠB-TU Ostrava or other programs of economic orientation.
Graduates are prepared for highly qualified positions in which they will be able to perform analytical jobs and managerial functions at the level of middle and top management of companies, banks, insurance companies, and other banking and non-banking institutions.
The aim of the program is to prepare highly qualified professionals who will be able to perform specialized analytical work and management functions related to financial, accounting and tax issues at the top and middle level of corporate and institutional management. The study is structured and focused so that graduates can find employment especially in financial departments and in financial management of non-financial institutions (manufacturing and trading companies), financial institutions (commercial and investment banks, investment companies, insurance companies) and the national economy (state and regional administration).
The basis of the study is to gain knowledge from the following areas:
- Financial management and business decision-making,
- The functioning of financial markets, commercial and investment banking, insurance, investment companies, and insurance companies,
- Financial decision-making under risk, investment decision-making, company valuation, financial modeling,
- Valuation of derivatives, management of financial portfolios,
- International finance, international financial institutions, financial systems, fiscal and tax systems.
Professional skills of the graduates will be the following:
- Application of financial models,
- Performing financial analysis,
- Determining the value of companies and projects under risk,
- Application of multi-criteria decision-making models,
- Portfolio management and modeling,
- Prediction of financial variables,
- Quantification and hedging of market risks,
- Creating investment strategies,
- Performing a comparison of tax and taxation systems.
Graduate's general competence
Program graduates will be able to:
- Decide independently and responsibly under new or changing circumstances,
- Communicate their own professional opinions to experts and the wider public in a clear and convincing way,
- Use their expertise and skills in the English language.
About the School
VSB-TUO is the top ranked university in Czech Republic, drawing on 160+ years of research and academic excellence to provide world class education to 19,000 students from six continents. according to ... Read More