Information for applicants
Geological Engineering is a technically oriented geological study that in the necessary degree covers all areas of geological research and survey activities. Professional education is focused on the education of geologists to which the scientific, technical and economic basis allows for quick adaptability to professional and related interdisciplinary fields. Analysis of economic issues associated with geological and technical follow-up activity, evaluation of environmental aspects of geology, mining and industrial activities, application of computer technology are included in the study. An integral part of the studies is practical field exercises and excursions, where students learn techniques and conducting geological work, geological documentation and geological mapping.
- Faculty: Faculty of Mining and Geology
- Type of study: Follow-up Master
- Language of instruction: Czech, English
- Code of the program: N2110
- Czech title of the program: Geologické inženýrství
- English title of the program: Geological Engineering
- Regular period of the study: 2 years
- Coordinating department: Department of Geological Engineering
- Study branch: Geological Engineering
- Keywords: Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology, Geology, Ore Geology, Drilling Exploration
Graduates can find employment in a wide range of geological investigation and exploitation enterprises, organizations which deal with ecological geology problematic, etc. It is also able to deal with the management post.
The study in this field is predominantly focused on the education of the engineers in the applied geology (hydrology, engineering geology, technical mineralogy and petrography, environmental geochemistry, economic geology, drilling exploration, and applied geophysics). Theoretical as well as practical parts of the education are targeted at implementing, managing, organizing and assessing all kinds of geological operations. The core of the study concentrates on the analysis of geological phenomena, assessment of economic and ecological aspects of geological activities, mining and industrial utilization, application of computer technologies and geoinformatics
Theoretical as well as practical parts of the education are targeted at implementing, managing, organizing and assessing all kinds of geological operations. The core of the study concentrates on the analysis of geological phenomena, assessment of economic and ecological aspects of geological activities, mining, and industrial utilization, application of computer technologies and geoinformatics.
Graduates are able to solve individually wide complex of geological and geoscience problems with utilization theory, concepts a methodology concern also problematic of related technical and geoscience fields.
Graduate's general competence
Graduates are able to decide individually in relation to new and varying circumstances, so as take into account wide social consequences.
General admission requirements: Master degree candidates
Criteria for admission
- Bachelor degree (at least)
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5,0; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level)
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
- e-Application form
- Copies of graduation certificates (Diploma and Diploma Supplement or Transcript of Records)
- Recognition document of graduation certificate - official document to say that the degree is recognized in the Czech Republic
- Payment of Registration Fee 500 CZK per 1 study program, it is non-refundable
- Valid visa and passport
- Tuition Fee is 4000 EUR per academic year, payable at the beginning of each academic year. It is non-refundable.
About the School
Founded in 1849, VSB - Technical University of Ostrava (VSB-TUO) is a Czech public university with a long tradition in high-quality engineering education and research. These traditional core values ha ... Read More