Information for applicants
Upon completion of the HSE Professional Study Program, the student will be prepared in terms of the following knowledge:
- Demonstrate knowledge of HSE policy, frameworks, principles, standards and regulations, taking into account technical, ethical and societal issues.
- Demonstrate research-based knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of all risk management steps (based on risk-based decision-making).
- Understand the complexity of working conditions, process safety, and business continuity, and the ability to correlate health issues, socio-economic, political, physical and environmental vulnerabilities.
Upon completion of the HSE Professional Program, the student will be prepared in terms of the following skills:
- Apply adequate methodologies to the theoretical and practical issues of HSE management based on scientific approaches and best practices.
- Identify, analyze and evaluate risks and vulnerabilities and propose adequate evidence-based prevention and risk reduction.
- Implement and monitor integrated risk reduction, risk response and recovery activities.
- Pass academic findings to an interdisciplinary audience.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders of HSE management, planning and operations (including public administration and self-government).
- Investigate incidents and accidents and implement lessons learned.
- Work with complex systems, including uncertainty, identify and handle emerging risks and apply the precautionary principle.
- Monitor and evaluate safety and health indicators, make decisions based on them.
Graduate's general competence
About the School
VSB-TUO is the top ranked university in Czech Republic, drawing on 160+ years of research and academic excellence to provide world class education to 19,000 students from six continents. according to ... Read More