Do not postpone your study plans. Start an educational journey by enrolling in our Online campus and come to Barcelona or Madrid in Autumn or Winter. Blended learning is available for July and October Intakes.
Why Master of Sports Management
Are you passionate about business and sports management? Obtain an MSc in Sports Management degree from GBSB Global Business School. Study in the heart of vibrant Barcelona, home to the world’s famous football teams, and learn how to handle the behind the scenes activities in the sports industry. Sports business management professionals have a great scope of responsibilities to work on - from finance and marketing to facility operations and sports events organization. The Master in Sports Management in Barcelona aims to enhance one’s critical thinking and provides GBSB Global students with techniques to solve real problems related to the field of sports administration.
Set yourself apart from the competition with GBSB Global Business School:
- Study Business Innovation in a Business School Where “Digital” is at Its Core. GBSB Global is the only higher education institution in Spain accredited by Microsoft as a leader in digital education;
- Obtain a differential qualification with Microsoft Imagine Academy – GBSB Global prepares students to meet market demand in digital technologies.
The MSc in Sports Management in Barcelona is designed to provide GBSB Global students with the skills necessary to monitor, manage, and influence various business functions and identify sports dynamics that drive organizations in this industry. GBSB Global students graduating with a Master’s in Sports Management degree can anticipate working as athletic directors, team managers, sports marketers, agents or recruiters, PR professionals, and more.
Become a leader and enhance your soft skills
Learn the functional areas of business
Play it right on the global arena
All you need to get sports fans
- Duration of the program – 9 months
- Language of the program – English
- Intakes – October, January, April / Yearly
- Schedule – Full Time, Mornings&Afternoons
- Location – Barcelona/Madrid, Spain
Core Courses in Sports Management
Sports Business and Strategic Management
International Sports Management
Sports Event Management
Capstone Master Project:
A practical group project in which the students perform original research on a specific topic of interest in the area of marketing management.
Why GBSB Global?
- Global Diversity | Students from 70+ countries and faculty from 20+ countries.
- The only business school in Spain with international accreditation from ASIC.
- The 1 st and only official Microsoft School in Spain, accredited by Microsoft as a leader in digital education, providing students with the most state-of-the-art learning experience from day one.
- Official Microsoft Showcase School.
- Recognized as a Leader on Global Education by Newsweek Magazine.
- Ranked No. 1 in Europe in the Guide to Sustainability Schools.
- Official Member of the European Council for Business Education (ECBE).
- The only business school in Barcelona and Madrid with the status of ACCA Computer Based Examination Center.
- Member of The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), USA.
- Recorded as One of The Best Business Schools in Europe by MYBS (Mind Your Own Business School).
- Repetitive winner of International Business Ethics Case Competition, USA.
- Focus on Innovation | From teaching methods, course curriculum, and workshops to fully digitalized educational environments we are all about innovation and challenging the status quo.
- Employability & Career Development Opportunities | Practical knowledge and skills, career counseling, and individual coaching sessions.
Can’t settle on one career? You don’t have to right away. Explore the opportunities in sports management and make the decision after you have had an opportunity to work in the field, interning with a reputable organization in Spain. From becoming the head of business development to acting as a sports agent, the list of professions is numerable. Here are a few examples:
- Head of Business Development
The Head of Business Development is held accountable for overseeing the day-to-day management of the business development team. This individual is also responsible for implementing strategies that would eventually drive sales and customer retention.
- Sports Agent
Professionals that act as business managers for individual athletes and represent them in contract negotiations and managing their finances. Sports agents conduct contract negotiations, public relations matters, and budgets. They also secure additional revenue sources for the athlete, such as endorsements with brands.
- Events&Clubs Coordinator
The Events/Clubs Coordinators take great responsibility in planning every single detail when it comes to the preparation of any sports event, team, or other facilities for a particular event. This person makes all arrangements for other club activities like special events, dinner parties, sports conferences, receptions, and open houses.
- Sports Club Director
A director of football is an executive employed by a football club or other organization to oversee medium and long-term strategies for the institution. Sports Club Directors collaborate with the owners and the manager to identify a club philosophy and ensure it is realized.
About the School
GBSB Global Business School is an internationally accredited business school in Spain and Malta that provides business education in English to students from around the world and prepares future gradua ... Read More