- Postgraduate health, safety, and environmental management qualification to expand your career opportunities in a wide range of locations, industries, and government.
- Gain advanced knowledge and specialized skills to successfully undertake health, safety, and environment advisory or management roles that encompass OHS and environmental management.
- Complete the course in two years full-time or four years part-time.
- Domestic students can choose to study on campus or online.
- Graduates of the QUT Graduate Diploma in OHS or QUT Graduate Diploma in Environmental Health are eligible to complete the Master's program in one year full-time. Graduates from other universities with similar graduate diplomas may be eligible to receive advanced standing based on their completed units.
Why choose this course?
Students may have the opportunity to complete up to 240 hours of placement during this course. This placement is not compulsory but does provide a valuable opportunity for career development and networking. You may also access QUT's career mentoring program which connects you with external industry professionals who are able to offer advice and coaching to support your career goals.
Leading industry professionals are contributors to the development and ongoing sustainment of our programs. They provide insight into emerging trends and are regular guest lecturers and presenters in many of the health, safety, and environment subject areas.
What to expect
The Master of Health, Safety, and Environment aim to equip individuals with the specialized skills and advanced knowledge required for professional practice or research in occupational health and safety (OHS) and environmental management (EM). Graduates will have the capacity to lead and influence the development of high standards of OHS and EM.
Traditionally, organizations have employed graduates from various disciplinary areas to fill OHS and EM roles. However, there is an increasing trend for companies and government organizations to seek graduates who can occupy both the OHS and EM roles.
The convergence of the OHS and environmental management roles is common in mining, manufacturing and construction industries where the production processes have both on-site and off-site impacts. Government and other industries are starting to follow this trend.
You can choose to complete the course full-time for over two years or part-time over four years. Graduates of the QUT Graduate Diploma in OHS or QUT Graduate Diploma in Environmental Health are eligible to complete the master's program in one year full-time. Graduates from other universities with similar graduate diplomas may be eligible to receive advanced standing towards the Master of Health, Safety, and Environment based on their completed units.
The course is designed to qualify graduates for Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) positions in a wide range of industries. Position titles include: HSE Advisor, HSE Coordinator, HSE Manager, HSE Auditor, and Sustainability Manager.
You will gain advanced knowledge and skills to successfully undertake HSE advisory or management roles that encompass OHS and EM, in a wide range of industries and locations.
- Environmental Health Officer
- Occupational Health and Safety Officer
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. We review fees annually, and they may be subject to increases.
2020: $31,100 per year full-time (96 credit points)
About the School
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a real-world focus. We are one of the nation’s fastest-growing research universities and our courses are in high demand. Our graduates in ... Read More