The Masters Programme in Genetics and Molecular Biology will provide students with the theoretical and practical preparation necessary to manage bio-molecular research (basic and applied to biomedicine).
The programme focuses on individual student progress and their understanding of scientific issues and experimental strategies that are relevant to the programme objectives, as well as the final student thesis, which must be based on original experimental work, in coordination with a department professor.
- Advanced knowledge of unicellular and multicellular organisms that can be used as model systems for the study of the basic mechanisms of gene expression or more complex processes such as cellular development, differentiation and transformation;
- Acquisition of relevant concepts and methodologies, especially in terms of gene studies related to complex processes and the study of human populations;
- Advanced knowledge of the molecular basis of the main processes involved in the regulation of the structure and function of nucleic acids and proteins;
- Understanding of basic methodologies for the study and manipulation of biological macromolecules;
- Ability to develop and improve basic methodologies that may be applied to research in biomedical and biotechnological research;
- Understanding of genetic and molecular concepts applied to the diagnosis and cure of genetic diseases;
- Ability to identify the biological processes underlying the basic physiopathology of organs and systems and their modulation, especially in mankind.
About the School
Since its founding over 700 years ago, Sapienza has played an important role in Italian history and has been directly involved in key changes and developments in society, economics and politics. It ha ... Read More