Master of Material Sciences - IntREE Graduate School
Université de Poitiers
EUR 243 / per year *
Earliest start date
* These fees do not include the compulsory basic health insurance “Social security” for non-European residents.
The Material Sciences Master is one of the IntREE master programs. The IntREE (Interfaces for aeronautic energy and environment) is a Graduate School (GS) dedicated to teaching, via research, in the field of interface phenomena between media of different physico-chemical properties.
This Graduate School, which is supported by the existing Masters programs, will allow students to be immersed in both research and industry environments. IntREE constitutes a profound transformation in comparison to what is offered by the present educational system. These high-level courses (Master and Ph.D.), limited to twenty or so students per year, will favor learning-by-research, placing students at the heart of the laboratories.They are organized around four main axes in order to prepare students for the professions of tomorrow:
- Progressive immersion in the laboratories,
- International mobility
- Connections with the socio-economic world,
- disciplinary openness toward the multidisciplinarity
The Pprime and IC2MP institutes are at the heart of the IntREE-GS.
- In addition to their diploma/degree, students will receive the EUR label certification which attests to the excellence of research-based training in the field.
- Immersion in state-funded or private laboratories in the field.
- All internships are paid positions (of about 600€/month) and additional scholarships will be delivered to promote the international mobility (travel expenses …).
- The incoming international mobility of highly ranked students is also encouraged by grants limited to 4000€ per project (travel expenses, welcome box, and scholarship).
- International reputation in aeronautic, transport, energy and environment.
- Individualized follow-up to students and the learning through lectures, tutorials, laboratory classes, workshops.
Scholarships and Funding
Each year we offer GS IntREE-Master Welcome boxes for foreign students entering the first year of the master program (1200€).
All laboratory internships or research projects during the master program are granted to all students supporting by the GS-IntREE (for a total of 2600€ min*) or by the host laboratories/companies.
Outgoing grants can also be awarded to French student for international mobility (1000€+ 500€/month of internship).
* Scholarships are awarded to all students during the master thesis internship. Their amount is 500€/month minimum. GS grant
Each year we offer GS IntREE-Master Welcome boxes for foreign students entering the first year of the master program (1200 €).
All laboratory internships or research projects during the master program are granted to all students supporting by the GS-IntREE (for a total of 2600€ minimum*) or by the host laboratories/companies.
Outgoing grants can also be awarded to French student for international mobility (1000€+ 500 €/month of internship).
* Scholarships are awarded to all students during the master thesis internship. Their amount is 500€/month minimum.
The students in the IntREE graduate school will acquire a solid background in various topics, ranging from fundamental to applied sciences. The GS-program is designed to include hands-on laboratory experiences during the two years of Master to strengthen the student’s capability to learn actively, think independently, and work in team. The students will also be exposed to the latest developments in industrial R&D through courses given by industrial partners and internships.
The IntREE students will be enrolled into appropriate Master which ensure the fundamental teachings used within their disciplines (named “CORE” courses). In addition specific common courses will be delivered by researcher or industrial partners.
In addition to their diploma/degree, the students will receive the GS-IntREE label certification attesting to the excellence of research-based training in the area of « Interfaces ».
Program Tuition Fee
Academic or industrial research, Engineering in Material sciences...