Our gifted professional faculty are dedicated to teaching and transforming our students into professionals themselves. If you enjoy learning alongside creative people, this is the college for you. And we are the dreamers of dreams…
The SUU College of Performing and Visual Arts serves as a catalyst for students to realize their creative potential by providing a personalized and rigorous learning environment, fostering experiential education and contributing to the cultural enrichment of a global society.
• Cultivate in all SUU students, an appreciation for the value of the performing and visual arts
• Promote positive learning environments for our students as they seek to develop a life-long commitment to the arts
• Offer curriculum that meets or exceeds national standards which includes experiential programming giving students opportunities to develop as artists, educators, scholars, and arts leaders
• Create events to enrich the quality of life on the campus, in the community, and extending to the national and international arena
• Empower and support our faculty and staff as superior educators, mentors, artists, scholars, and administrators who engage student learning as part of a collaborative, academic and artistic process
• Contribute to students’ development as ethical leaders and responsible citizens in a global community
Our mission and strategic goals are focused on making the arts a vital, visible, accessible, innovative, and integral part of the intellectual and cultural life of Southern Utah University and beyond.