Master in Statistical Techniques
Universidade de Vigo
EUR 1,567 *
Earliest start date
* EU: €1,253.70 - Non-EU: €1,567.13
The Master in Statistical Techniques (MTE) proposes a broad program, but at the same time compact, which allows to achieve a rigorous training in Statistics and Operations Research, training its graduates to face the needs of today's society, either with a mainly orientation applied and professionalizing, either with a more theoretical and academic orientation. Specifically, the proposed program is intended to provide:
- A training of a scientific-technical nature in the field of Statistics and IO to students who can come from both degrees with basic training in Statistics and IO, as well as technical degrees that allow them to develop an academic activity.
- Applied and interdisciplinary training in Statistics and Operations Research techniques that are valuable in professional practice and thus facilitate their access and integration into the labor market.
- Advanced training that enables interested students to start in research tasks in the area of Statistics and Operations Research, or in others, and that can culminate with the preparation and defense of a doctoral thesis.
University graduates who demonstrate mastery of advanced techniques in Statistics and Operations Research present a profile that is widely in demand today. Furthermore, the expectations of the evolution of this demand are even more promising according to what is reflected in the multitude of reports from national and international institutions and consultancies that coincide in pointing out that this demand will experience significant growth in the short term.
The main objectives that this Doctorate in Statistics and Operations Research aims to achieve are:
- Provide our students with advanced scientific-technical training in the field of Statistics and Operations Research, which enables them to consolidate a career in the academic and professional field.
- Familiarize our students with inter- and transdisciplinary collaborations, which allow them to build a wide range of job opportunities.
- Train our students in the use of advanced computer tools, useful for solving problems related to mathematical programming, optimization and statistical simulation.
Program Tuition Fee
The job placement of MTE students is one of the strong points of this master's degree. The greater demand for technical profiles capable of carrying out descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analyzes of the information generated by companies in various fields has translated into job placement rates close to 100% in recent years. Many students start working even before finishing the MTE. Throughout the 2017/2018 academic year, the Institute of Mathematics (IMAT) of the University of Mathematics (USC) developed a Satisfaction and Job Insertion survey of USC mathematics graduate students. This study included, in addition to graduates of the mathematics degree, USC graduates of the master's degrees taught at the mathematics faculty. In this study, 100% of the MTE students who entered the selected sample were employed at the time of the interview.
The large number of MTE collaboration agreements is also very positive for the job placement of MTE graduates. It is increasingly common for students who develop their TFM as an internship in a company to join it once said work is completed.
Finally, taking 60 credits of the master's degree in statistical techniques qualifies for joining the doctorate in Statistics and Operations Research, an interuniversity doctoral program, organized by the Universities of A Coruña, Santiago de Compostela and Vigo.