We conduct education and research at a high international level, focusing on the digitalisation of society and innovation for sustainable growth. Characteristic of Blekinge Institute of Technology, BTH, is the close cooperation with trade, industry and society, which permeates both education and research at regional, national and international level.
We offer courses and programmes that prepare our students for the societal challenges of tomorrow, developing useful skillsets. Our focus on innovation, sustainability and entrepreneurship influence the content of all programmes.
Our researchers deliver solutions to both short and long-term societal challenges while actively participating in our undergraduate education giving students access to cutting edge research.
Please read more about BTH: https://www.bth.se/eng
We offer 7 Master´s programmes, taught in English. Find your Master´s programme: https://www.bth.se/eng/education/masters/
Our two campuses are both located in the south-east of Sweden, right by the Baltic Sea and with fantastic environments, close to nature, culture and entertainment. Read more about our inspiring study environment: https://www.bth.se/eng/education/study-at-bth/campus-environment/
The application period for international students is mid-October to mid-January for all programmes which starts in August/September each year. You will find deadlines here:
BTH does not charge any tuition fees for students with a citizenship within the EU/EEA and Switzerland. Students who are citizens of countries outside the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland are generally required to pay application and tuition fees. For more information, please read: https://www.bth.se/eng/education/applicationandadmission/tuition-fees-and-payment/
BTH scholarship programme for prospective students is available for citizens from non-EU/EEA countries. You apply for a BTH scholarship after you have applied for a programme. Learn more about scholarship opportunities: https://www.bth.se/eng/education/applicationandadmission/scholarships/
Top reasons to study at BTH
- We teach our students skillsets that employers are looking for emphasizing creativity, independence, initiative and entrepreneurship. https://www.bth.se/eng/about-bth/this-is-bth/
- BTH has a strategic collaboration with world-renowned companies e.g. a number of internationally active business partners such as Ericsson, Volvo, Telenor, NKT, Alfa Laval, Dynapac and SAAB Kockums. https://www.bth.se/eng/collaboration/strategic-collaboration/
BTH makes the most of being a small university. We are able to adapt quickly to the needs of society and are relevant in the present as well as in the future. Being small also means being close, our students quickly get to know one another, and the study groups are small. Students can easily get in contact with teaching staff and other employees as well as industry and society. This creates a rewarding, interesting and safe study environment. https://www.bth.se/eng/education/study-at-bth/
- Our distinctive focus on the digitalisation of society and sustainability makes our education sharp and creates cutting edge research – some of which is world-renowned.
- BTH’s researchers in Strategic Sustainable Development and Product Development are among the most cited in the world. https://www.bth.se/eng/news/bth-researchers-among-the-most-cited-in-the-world/
- BTH is among the world’s most outstanding universities in software engineering research and ranked sixth in the world and first in Europe regarding the number of publications in leading journals in the field. https://www.bth.se/eng/dipt_eng-news/bth-top-ranked-in-software-engineering-research/
- BTH is at the top when it comes to influential research according to the Swedish Research Council’s Research Barometer 2019. https://www.bth.se/eng/news/bth-tops-the-list-of-influential-research/
SE-371 79 Karlskrona, Sweden
SE-371 Karlskrona, Blekinge County, Sweden
Biblioteksgatan 4, Karlshamn
374 35 Karlskrona, Blekinge County, Sweden
Valhallavägen 1, Karlskrona
Karlskrona, Blekinge County, Sweden